Saturday, September 04, 2004

The Next Generation

Time constraints have prevented me from publishing this post in the last number of days. On August 30, Apple released their next-generation iMac, sporting a speedy G5 processor and other refinements. The entire machine is built into the display, and is under 2 inches thick. As you can see in the image, the new iMac is quite a different sight from the rainbow-colored translucent machines of a few years ago. The price point is still quite high ($1749CDN for the base model), but like I said in an earlier post, the "I want it" factor is incredibly high. It doesn't help that my laptop is in a state of disrepair, and it was estimated that it would cost $1000CDN to repair it. I paid less than that for the machine in the first place.

I have been driving myself crazy with the decision whether or not to pre-order one of these machines, as I have been rather frivolous with my spending this summer. You all know how cheap I am.

No comments: