Sunday, November 21, 2004

It's Over...

Last night was the last performance of Grease. The experience was beyond my expectations and dreams. The show became something bigger than I had expected -- and certainly bigger than the patrons expected.

Realizing the show is now over, the depression is starting to sink in. I was blown away with the camaraderie expressed by all members of the cast, band, backstage crews and directors. We became a family, and I grew to love them all. In a way, I feel like I have lost them. In a sense, that is not the least bit true.

There is a final banquet for the cast and crew next weekend. Everyone in the cast and crew has been saying they will be there. Even though it's less than a week away, it's going to feel like I haven't seen them in years. That will be a tough night, as that is the "real" goodbye party.

I know there will be other shows. There will parties, reunions and other similar ilk, so I will see most of them again. But this the last time we all will be together at the same time. And there is no show quite like this one.

It's been an incredible ride.

No comments: