I have added another public service announcement to the PSA section of the sidebar. Please take the time to sign the petition.
The moral issues revolving around homosexual marriage has been plaguing Canadian Parliament for nearly two years. If we deny gays the right to marry, then we are denying them basic human rights. Unfortunately, all those who are opposed to gay marriage are only citing theological arguments.
In my eyes, this is not a religious issue, this is a human rights issue. Homosexual human beings are still human beings. To deny them the basic right to marry, and the legal benefits of marriage that couples endorse, is to call them less than human.
In order for a government to be effective, we must exercise the separation between Church and State. I have no problem with anyone's beliefs, nor do I have a problem with anyone's right to religious enlightenment.
The problem I have is the influence the Church has on those who are in power. This article in Salon.com explains how the then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger allegedly influenced the outcome of last November's US Presidential election. Even after 2000 years, the Catholic Church still has power to influence the world's governments.
I guess I know who really wears the pants in the Global Community. How naïve of me to think it was the US President.
Sunday, April 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment