I love my car. I take care of it, and I hope that my due diligence will be rewarded when the time comes for me to sell it. But I am really getting sick of spending all this money to keep her road-worthy.
I took my car to the doctor today so I could have it serviced. My car has been guzzling oil on the highway, which has had me concerned for more than a year. I have asked the service technicians to have a look at it, but they overlooked it in the past. All they did was change the oil, check the fluids, and give me a new air filter if it was required.
This time I made it painfully clear that I wanted them to investigate the mystery of the disappearing oil. And check they did. By 8:20 in the morning, I received a call from the serviceman saying that the piston rings would likely need replacing, as there was all kinds of sludge built up, and the piston rings were no longer creating a good seal.
So I gave him the go-ahead to do the extra work. I was also very lucky, as the replacement of the piston rings were covered under my warranty -- and lucky for me; my warranty expires next month.
By the end of the day I had a car in tip-top shape. Had this happened after my warranty expired, the service would have cost me $1,300. Luckily, the maintenance service only cost me 100 bucks.
This is what you get when you buy a leaseback. I have been taking my car to this serviceman since I have owned the car, and he knows I take good care of it. He highly suspects the person who leased my car previously drove the piss out of it.
After owning my car for three years, I sincerely hope there are no more surprises under the hood.

No comments:
Post a Comment