On Monday night, the first rehearsal of my new band, still unnamed, took place. MA and RH arrived at approximately 7:00, and promptly began working on the 17 songs we had picked the previous week.
We sat around my computer, with selected songs in an iTunes playlist, ready if needed, and copies of the lyrics in triplicate. We drank beers and ran through the repertoire. What transpired over the course of the evening was very impressive and promising. I was surprised to find that I was singing lead on most of the songs. Even more surprising was by the time the practice ended, we had only given the axe to two songs.
The guys did their homework. The harmonies were there and will be promising. This is going to be one tight band. If we keep learning this quickly, we may be able to start gigging sooner than I expect.
The three of us are going to get together for a band practice this Saturday. We will be going over some of the songs we just practiced, and likely pick up a few more. I will let you all know how things turn out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment