I think I need a digital camera. I am dying to spend some money, and a digital camera (with full mpeg support) is just what I'd like. It would be ideal, as I could post all kinds of photographs of my surroundings, the bars I've gigged at, even pictures of the passed-out lushes that just blew their welfare check on cheap draft. This blog would be much more colorful, and I imagine that I'd have a lot more to talk about.
I couldn't be more wrong. I forgot where I placed my own camera. It has undeveloped pictures from a year ago. I never take photos -- there is nothing that I seem to find that's worthy of a picture. I don't have an artists' eye for beauty. Everything I see are long strings of equations, derivations, functions, raster or vector data sets. It's all about the numbers, baby.
My expensive investment on a digital camera would sit idly on my desk, slowly depreciating in value. Then I'd get all pissed off at myself, wondering why I spent all that money on a camera that will be virtually worthless in a few years' time.
The advancement of technology will ensure that I will die a poor man.
Friday, June 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment