.. or is it?
Late last night, the 2000th visitor to mcfro.blogspot.com silently passed through this little corner of cyberspace.
The visitor also left as quietly as he arrived, without notifying me that he was the 2000th visitor! I know all kinds of information about that 2000th visitor. I know his IP, I know his domain, heck, I even know what city he lives in -- but I don't know his email address.
So, if I don't hear from said visitor in the next 24 hours (and I don't think I will), I will have to declare the contest null and void. I have no choice.
... Except to hold another contest, but it's a long way to 3000 hits.
I had feared that this would happen when I first announced this contest. There was one major flaw in the contest, which was that the participant did not have to enter in order to win. Conversely, if the contest requires entrants, it is likely the person managing the contest has a way to contact the entrant -- for example, to enter, you must send an email to the specified address.
I thank all of you who were interested in this contest. I guarantee that in the interim, I will hold another contest -- one in which participants will have to enter in order to win. I hope that the next one will be more successful than my last attempt.
Stay tuned in the next coming weeks, when I will hold the contest in which I can deliver said prize.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How does that visitor know they're the 2000th?
I don't know why I'm so curious about all this. I think it's because you bear a passing resemblence to a friend of mine.
-Becky
Becky,
The only way that a visitor would know if he/she were the 2000th visitor, would be to scroll down the sidebar until the bottom, where the SiteMeter icon lives. The image clearly displays the visit count.
The only way a visitor would be unable to read the visit count is if they have javascript disabled on their browser.
That being said, I would have loved to have some pop-up window that would have alerted the visitor "Congratulations! etc.", but even then, I fear that the visitor would have disregarded the winning notification as an advertisement, and I would be back to where I started.
I bear a passing resemblance to a friend of yours? Should I be flattered? *LOL*
I have been told that I have a twin living in my city, though I have never met him. I suppose I could resort to sollipsim, and claim that the reason why I have never met my twin, is simply because I never believed he existed in the first place.
I hadn't noticed the sitemeter. As for the resemblence to a friend, yes, you should be flattered. :)
Post a Comment