My apparent lack of an online presence can be surmised in the following photograph.There is a leak in my house, and two entire floors are soaked.
Thinking it was the wax seal in the toilet, I (with help) removed the toilet and replaced the wax seal... Twice. And that was soon determined to not be the problem.
At least the house doesn't smell like sewage, which would also explain that it would be a water line, and not a sewer line.
It's virtually impossible to follow the water lines in my house, as they run through three floors, and the top two floors are entirely drywalled.
Not anymore.
After I pulled away the fridge from the kitchen wall, the drywall was so soaked that the wall nearly fell apart in my hands. It appears that the entire wall will have to be re-insulated and re-drywalled.
I soon realized that I will not be able to fix this leak myself. So a plumber has been contracted to come over tomorrow and (literally) bail me out of this flood.

No comments:
Post a Comment