The bottom line was steeper than I had hoped. In other words, I don't think I paid much less than if I bought the drum new in a music store.
But the music stores around here do not carry drums of this quality. I have to go to Edmonton or Calgary to find a drum of this quality, and even then, it's a crapshoot. More often than not, when I am shopping for a drum, nothing jumps out at me, or they are way overpriced. Kinda like the time I saw an Ayotte Keplinger snare drum at Axe Music. I told my guitarist -- only 30 minutes prior, that if they had one, I would be buying it, regardless of the price. I changed my mind after seeing the $1100 price tag.
My new baby should arrive in the mail by Friday. I'll post lots of pictures when it arrives.

No comments:
Post a Comment