Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Low-Down on Greed

I found this article, centering around greed in the digital / technology medium, and I thought it was worth the read.

There is truth in the notion that we are pressured to spend, spend, and spend our hard-earned money on the latest technological gandget, even if what we have is, really, good enough for us.

All this, after I mentioned the release of new iPods, and iMacs, a few items that look so enticing, that I'd love to drop a few "k" on these new tiddlywinks.

I love "reality checks" like this. They balance me, and help me separate the needs from the "thneeds".

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've been feeling rather "greedy" these days. I don't think of it as "greed" though - just wanting more good stuff and even aquiring it for myself sometimes. I think the recording industry is just dragging their heals about facing reality. They're probably not going to make as much when people can choose to buy specific songs they want vs. paying for whole albums whether they like all the songs or not. It sucks for them and their employees, it's great for the consumers - or it will be when things get sorted out.