It seems that late last summer, yours truly missed a detail so huge, that now that he has learned about the faux pas, is kicking himself in the arse -- and will continue to do so for a number of weeks.
The most memorable concert I have attended this year (and will be for some time) was the Garbage concert at Mac Hall. Rummage through the archives of July / August / September just to see how stoked I was about the show.
I even mentioned that I was disappointed in the fact that Butch was missing from the lineup, but Matt Chamberlain, who has played on more hit albums than I can count, filled the drum chair nicely. And it was the best consolation prize that I could have asked for.
And then tonight, while reading Shirley's online journal, I was informed that at that concert, I was graced with a presence that my younger self would have kicked me to the curb if I had not achnowledged his presence.
This tour, playing bass for Garbage, was none other than Eric Avery.
Also known and Eric A., bass player for Jane's Addiction, co-founder of Deconstruction; his resume goes on -- a truly gifted performer whom has taken me places in his music that people dream about.
I can understand why all the potheads loved Jane's Addiction and Deconstruction, as the music was so trippy that even if you were straight-edge, you would end up being under the influence, only by listeneng to their music.
Part of me is also tickled, now that I know who the mysterious bass player was. I guess I should have done my homework in the first place.
By the way, Shirley writes a compelling and emotional thank you in her journal. It's worth the read.
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment