But the construction of my DAW continues...Yes, this is the very desk that yours truly spends his evenings at, surfing the web, shopping, blogging and recording. What is noticeably new, is the desk itself, purchased through a friend who no longer had a use for it.
I had been in the market for a "newer" desk, as the one that I had been using was awfully small, thus there was very little real estate for paper, or peripherals.
A number of weeks ago, I noticed this desk sitting at my friends office, and I immediately liked it. It had a second tier, which would be conducive to the placement of a monitor and/or near-field studio monitors. It had a sliding tray for a keyboard and mouse, which would allow a large work surface which would accommodate a mixing board or control surface. I commented how I liked the desk to my friend, at which time he told me it was for sale. I inquired how much he wanted for it, and I agreed to buy it.
It took a number of weeks to make space available in my house, as well as schedule a time to meet my friend and transport the desk. But alas, today, I have a desk that I am very pleased with. I'm sure you agree that it is quite nice on the eyes.
Now I have a workstation that will allow me to continue building my recording studio, without feeling so cramped.

No comments:
Post a Comment