This evening, I went to see Canadian Jazz artist, and Juno winner, Richard Underhill in concert. While listening to the nuances of his version of hard bop / free jazz, I became inspired and lost in the performance. Amidst the myriad of notes that fell like hard rain from the fingers of the musicians, I came upon this epiphany:
It's not about the talents you have; It's about taking your talents to their limits.
I came out of the concert greatly inspired, and with the realization that I have a lot of practicing to do.
Another thing I have been considering the last few days is how much I would like to study with a qualified drum instructor this summer.
I would not consider myself the most talented drummer in Western Canada -- not by a longshot. But I do want to play the best that I can.
And sometimes, the advice from an experienced instructor, will help you achieve your utmost potential.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment