Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of mcfro.blogspot.com. and what a strange year it's been. Everybody get out your cardboard hats and noisemakers, as we "ring in" this milestone.It has also been a very successful year, as nearly 1700 visitors stopped by to see if yours truly had something important to say.
Critics will argue that the slope of the graph is in an obvious downward trend, but I digress; I think things are looking up. Since February, this site has seen an upward trend in site visits, and I expect the trend is going to continue.
If we compared and contrasted the performance of each month to the same month of the year previous, I am sure you would agree that the 2005-2006 year of mcfro.blogspot.com was -- on average -- more successful.
As I reflect on this previous year, and I look forward to the next one, a few things come to mind:
- I should write more frequently. My personal and professional life is busier than what it was two years ago. I find it difficult to motivate myself when I push myself 12-14 hours per day. Writing then becomes a chore. I am dealing with a lot of fatigue, and most days, I find it difficult to sit down and write an entry, which often eats up at least an hour of my time.
- I am surprised that I am still writing after two years. What a commitment it takes to maintain a website -- even one as simple as a blog. What keep me coming back, is of course, you -- my readership -- no matter how small it is.
...
It's coming to my attention that I have no energy left to write tonight. I should reserve any further musings about my life and my Sleepy (Hollow) town for another day.

No comments:
Post a Comment