This summer is going be my ultimate doom. There just seems to be no downtime for me, and in some ways, I suppose it's good to stay busy; on the other hand, I have no time to decompress. When September rolls around and my students return, I hope I don't end up spreading myself too thin.
Comparatively, this week was more productive in DH's recording project. By the time he arrived on Monday evening, I had the recording gear set up and working soundly. We immediately set down to work and managed to cut 95% of the vocal tracks for the first song.
I really don't want to get into the gory details of recording vocals, simply because it is a repetitive and tedious process, and not of much interest to the common reader.
All in all, I think we can work with the material that we obtained Monday night. A few of the tracks have a small amount of ambient noise, but I think we can get rid of those with a little "studio magic".
In other musical news, this is the first week in seven years that I have worked with the ZanZee band. Thursday and Friday's performances went well, given the fact that most of the material they are performing, I have never had the chance to play with them before. For the most part, it's just like old times. There are lots of smiles, and there are lots of "little issues" between the band members that haven't been solved over the years. I call these issues "little", because they really don't affect me emotionally, nor would it prevent me from being re-hired in the future.
It's really not my place to comment on these issues.
For the most part, it's turning out to be a blast, and it doesn't hurt to earn a couple extra bucks (if you even saw what my credit card bill was last month!)
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment