Minor revisions to this site are taking place at a slothlike tempo. Some code revisions I have been responsible for, others are happening at their own accord. You may undoubtedly notice that the ads at the top of the page are gone (for good, I hope), and is replaced with a search bar. I am hoping that the meta tags will soon reach the Google mainframe, and then this site will be searchable. This will prevent me from getting all frustrated when I am poring over code, and likely prevent a few headaches as well.
The other major revision to this site is that the comments feature has been enabled on a trial run. The benefits of having the ability to post and read comments are limited only by the imagination; it is unfortunate that comments are usually abused on sites that generate a lot of traffic. At least at this point in time, this site generates very little traffic. So all you readers, be forewarned, your comments will be moderated by yours truly. Any comments that I deem to be inappropriate or offensive will be deleted. "And that's all I have to say... About that."
Ok, now for the fun part. Now that this site has been up and running for nearly four months, it is beginning to develop a bit of its own personality. One thing that is really starting to bug me -- it has since the beginning of this site, is the title. MC Fro's Blog. How utterly boring, unmoving, and unoriginal. The time has come to change the name. Suggestions (if any) are welcome. You can email them directly to me, or provide them in the comments section of the post. By the way, I expect the "inherent psychobabble... etc," subtitle will remain. I think it's cute.
I am also entertaining the idea of a background image. Perhaps a modified photo of me; perhpas an abstract image. Something subtle. Greys and blacks. Not unlike a subliminal message. Oh the fun that could be had with one of those!
Links have been added to the sidebar. They are mostly links that I have discussed in previous posts. The only other link that I have not yet mentioned is the link to SETI@home, the site where everybody with a computer can download a little program that runs when you're not at your computer and searches for little green men. I have been a member since 1998 and have completed something ridiculous like 1100 work units. Still no sign of E.T. My old little 266 iMac just doesn't have to spunk anymore to chew through all the algorithms. It used to take about 8 hours for the computer to work through a workunit. Nowdays, it takes something like 23 hours to get through one. I guess my mandate is that if you are not at your computer, you may as well put it to good use. You may argue wether looking for extraterrestrials is putting your computer to good use.
On a completely different tangent, I found this article amusing: Alice slams anti-Bush rockers. The article has not been copied to this page due to copyright issues.
I found it rather unsettling that Alice Cooper, whom I view to be a highly inteligent individual, feels that all other members of his profession are lazy, uninformed, uneducated, illiterate, party animals whom have no interest in politics. I really don't care whom Alice Cooper is voting for in this fall's presidential election. As far as I am concerned, he can say anything he wants about Kerry or Bush -- it's his right as an American. It's also the right of any other celeberty (or person) to say what they want about the electoral candidates. So Alice, for the record, just shut up and do what you do best: put on concerts. If you haven't noticed, Rock and Roll has become a highly political arena since the advent of Punk Rock in the 1970's -- or were you too stoned at the time to care or remember?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment