Alas, I had stumbled upon 4degreez.com, which featured the personality disorder test. Knowing that I am already slightly off my rocker, I had to take the test, and show you the results. See? I truly am crazy! Now I wonder where have all those disability cheques been mailed to? Perhaps I should first inquire if the mentally ill are unfit to work.
Other modifications to this site are planned for the not-too-distant future. It may take a fair amount of time since my access to a computer is still very limited. I believe I may enable comments to be left by my legions of adoring fans. I might give it a trail run. However, if there are a bunch of abusive comments left, then I might just disable the feature without warning.
I have finished reading Pirsigs' Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. It was quite an enlightening read. I must admit to you all that there were answers in that book -- some of them were to questions I had been asking, but it certainly did not answer all. It probably had raised another few dozen questions, so I'm somewhat back to square one. I do however, feel enlightened to some degree, even though I wouldn't say the book has changed my outlook on life. I'm still grumpy ol' me.I have done some considerable thinking on the messages contained in Pirsigs' book, and have come to the conclusion that I really don't want to discuss the content, as I imagine some post-modernistic narcissist would message me saying "No! You've got it all wrong! Blah blah blah...", and I really don't feel like starting an on-line flame-war. What I find most intriguing of this book, is that every person who reads it will get something unique out of it. I'm sure everyone will agree with that statement.
I have often wondered how close I have ventured to the frayed ends of sanity. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance has demonstrated that I have, at times in my life, ventured very close to leaving the world of the sane. That doesn't mean that I would become a danger to society -- there are plenty of of truly insane people out there whom are relatively benign. It's only the sociopaths that seem to get all the attention. The rest of us insane folk would rather just live in our own little worlds and not raise such a stir. We just like taking walks on the wild side. Everything is just that much more surreal.

No comments:
Post a Comment