By now you have probably noticed the new title of this blog. In a previous post entitled "The Name Game", I solicited my readers to submit ideas for a new title of this blog. After a record number of submissions, and after reviewing the best entries (0 entries were submitted), I have decided on mcfro.blogspot.com. My reasons were simple: It would likely be easier to remember the web address. Just simple marketing, nothing more.
X-Prize Won
A few days ago, the Ansari X-Prize was awarded to SpaceShipOne. This was more or less expected, though it is unfortunate that the DaVinci Project came so close, but had unforeseen delays. DaVinci Project may not have won the prize, but I suspect that they will continue to develop their technology, and become the first Canadian endeavor to have launch capability. Heck, even the Canadian Armed Forces don't have the capability to launch a rocket!
Music, Music, Music
I have spent an incredibly large amount of my spare time dedicated to music this week. Late Thursday night, I received a phone call from a gentleman who was in desperate need of a drummer. He had a gig to play the next night, and (to say the very least), he was in a bit of a pickle. I offered to help him out and play the gig with him. It was then expressed to me that there would be no time for rehearsals, and that most of the cover songs would be changed to a point just beyond recognition. I thought it might be interesting, could very well be disastrous, but I would end up earning a few bucks.
It was one of the strangest gigs I have every played. We played music from the 1960's up until today. We took rock songs and turned them country, we took country songs and turned them punk. We took every song and turned them rock, ska, funk, blues, disco, or reggae. I certainly had to be on my toes to play any style the bandleader commanded. Due to the lack of rehearsal time, we sounded a little rough around the edges, but there were no major train wrecks. It was fun nonetheless.
So how did it go? Well, we're playing again on Friday. Same bar. I'm looking forward to playing gigs again.
Grease rehearsals are taking up the rest of my spare time. Things are coming together, albeit slowly. There is still al large amount of work to be done for this production. But it's going to rock!
NEWS FLASH! Presale of Grease tickets commence on October 24th. Ticket prices and vendors will be posted on this website when I have the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment