And then you had the feeling that you wanted to stay...
I have been doing a lot of soul-searching the last few days about my little business proposition (the one that I can't say much about at this time). I have also been soliciting the opinions of a few friends, family, business partners, etc. about what they think about the idea, and their opinions. The feedback has been rather mixed, which hasn't helped me come to a formidable conclusion. The decision I am faced with is a difficult one, though it has the potential to provide me with greener pastures, it also requires a leap of faith, and has the potential to backfire.
Backfire on many levels. It could cost me friends, clients, and business partners -- no matter which way I choose.
What I can tell you is that "it" has the potential to change the direction of my life, and career. "It" is also growing and changing shape before my eyes and could even develop into something bigger entirely. In one hand, I have the offer of something better than what I already have; in the other, I have the oyster. In my other hand, I have something that could be even bigger, and better for me physically, mentally and spiritually. But it is something that I will have to care for, nurture, and put all my efforts into for it to realize its' full potential.
In one hand, the money will come easy. In the other hand, hard times are ahead -- for at least a while. There are risks involved in everything we do. What I do know for sure, is that I cannot stay on the same path I have been on the last four years. To keep this up would shorten my lifespan significantly. I now realize that I will have to pursue what I love to do, instead of following the money trail. The money will be there; perhaps not in the volumes I had originally hoped. The money might also prove to be elusive for a number of years before paying off.
So once again, I am playing the waiting game; waiting for the other players in this elaborate chess game to make a move, before I can move another piece. I am in pursuit of freedom, and my last play has opened a number of moves that I had not thought possible.
Life is a game of Chess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment