My brain is a perplexing instrument. It is inherently playing tricks on me, causing me to think or feel one way or another. For example, a few short weeks ago, I was inspired and motivated to change to world. I was prepared to become an activist, rant, rave, and scream as loud as I could so I could instigate revolution. I was prepared to take a career in politics so that I could have the power to at least attempt to make social change for the better. That dream has since evaporated, though remnants of it still lurk in the web-infested catacombs of my mind.
Then recently I have been inspired by some interesting career news. All that has occupied my mind is what my musical career could develop into. Business is like a plant. If you pay attention to it, and take care of it on a daily basis, it could grow into something much bigger than you ever had room for. All I want to do now is pursue this endeavor.
The paradox arises in the fact that I have all this drive; passions you might call them. They infect my mind like a disease, taking over all thought processes. When I am this inspired, I often cannot think of anything else. I often don't sleep for days at a time, and food is just an afterthought. These projects, ideas and dreams I have are so ambitious that they become unattainable, or I lose interest in the process. They often lay dormant for months or years, and then re-kindle my interest. The cycle continues.
I have so many hobbies and interests, it boggles my mind that I have any time to pursue them to any degree. I change my interests as often as I change my underwear. How can I get good at anything, if I get bored and find a new interest in the course of 24 hours?
Speaking of which, I think it's about time to go back to school and get a Master's degree -- right after I tour North America in a rock band. And that's right after my successful political career as a Member of Parliament, and that's after my stint on Public Access television as an Oil Painter, painting pictures of "happy trees" between mountains and lakes. Oh yes, and that's after I make my acting debut on the local stage. And I can't forget, that's after I record and release my solo album -- where I have played every instrument on the record.
Welcome to my brain. I often wonder how I manage to not drive myself completely insane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment