Saturday, March 12, 2005

I Need a New "Desk"

It is likely that I may have to purchase a sub-mixer during my stint in Müle Shöe, so I was doing some searching online, and I found the coolest desk that would do everything I need it to do, and then some. I cannot belive all the features built-into this little model. I could use it live, and I could plug it into my computer for recording. The price tag is pretty steep though.

I might have to consider buying the 1620. It's a little cheaper. I might miss the extra XLR inputs, and the subgroup section. The 1220 model is a lot cheaper, but I think it won't do everything I need it to.

The firewire card sells separately. That's like another $500 bucks on top of the board, but it would be worth the price of admission -- especially having the ability to plug it into my computer.

How many gigs do I have to play before the thing pays for itself? My guess is at least 10 weekends.

No comments: