Amidst my "illness", I have found a way to pass the time. In fact, it has nearly consumed what little free time I have. I bought the PC game, Knights of the Old Republic when I first fell ill, and I could not stop playing it.
I finally beat the game today, only to find myself yearning to hit 'reset' and begin the adventure all over again. This has got to be one of the best (if not, the best) video game I have ever played. Period. Well, I felt the ending was a little soft, but that's almost a non-issue when you consider the size, scope, detail, storyline, and action this game has to offer. No wonder it won Game of the Year for 2004.
What really made this game is the non-linearity of it. It really allows the player to immerse himself in the game and discover all the juicy tidbits for themselves. In addition, the course of the game can change depending on your choices.
Sure, I played a "do-right" Jedi for my first attempt at the game. But the next time around, I think I am going to just let myself fall to the Dark Side... And stay there.
BTW, if you hadn't heard by now, the full trailer for Episode III is being aired tonight on the Fox Television Show "The O.C.". I can hardly wait to see the trailer, but I think I can wait long enough to avoid watching the television show.
Thursday, March 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment