Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I'm An Ass (Literally)


I have some exciting news to share. Late Monday night, I got a phone call from Guitar Wizard Chris, who asked me if I wanted to join one of Southern Alberta's Premier Rock Bands. I happily accepted.

Müle Shöe has been around for a few years now, and have recently released their debut album, Piles of Rock. I have mentioned this band on my blog a few times now, you can read past entries here and here. I have some pretty big shoes to fill, as drummer Connor has left the band for unknown reasons. There is a repertoire of about sixty songs that I am going to have to learn in a few short weeks. And I am going to have to learn them well in very short notice.

You see, In less than a month, Müle Shöe is going to be featured on the A-Channel in Calgary for a performance and interview. More details about showtimes will be coming to this page in the near future (I believe it's a late-night show called "Wired", but I could be mistaken). I am quite happy about the fact that I am going to be gigging a lot more often in the near future. Müle Shöe tour dates will be made available via their webpage (bookmark their page, *hint, hint*). Sadly, I do not manage their webpage, nor do I know who does at this time.

Speaking of which, I will be gigging this weekend, but this time, not with Müle Shöe. I will be playing with SK, whom I have mentioned in this blog a few times before. We will be entertaining a local watering hole, and likely having a great time doing so.

My free time is dwindling away. I have rehearsals the next few nights, so I imagine that I am going to be sleep-deprived the next few days.

No comments: