There is nothing worse for a musician than to bail-out on a gig. Sadly, I had to do just that last night.
I spent last night in the Emergency... Again.
The pain had returned with a vengeance yesterday, and no volume of cranberry juice could give me any relief. I called SK in the afternoon, apologizing to him profusely that I would not be able to perform with him that night. I had told him of my predicament a few days earlier, so he was quite understanding of my situation.
So I went to the hospital, and was admitted immediately. Once again, I was poked and prodded with all kinds of pointy instruments of torture, and samples of every fluid imaginable was taken from my body. They gave me an IV of some pretty hefty drugs, and in no time, I was feeling no pain.
Speaking with the Emergency Room physician put me at ease a little bit. He said that if I haven't passed the stone within a week, it is likely that they will have to do something about it (i.e. operate). I ended up leaving the hospital four hours later with a few prescriptions of some pretty hefty medication.
I got a 10-day prescription of some antibiotics, which should cure my "infection", which is only aggravating the situation further. On top of that, he gave me some seriously heavy painkillers, which a 10-milligram dose is more powerful than a daily dose of over-the-counter painkillers. I have never seen so many warning labels on a pill bottle in my life.
I was well enough to attend my second Müle Shöe rehearsal today. Things are coming along well. The guys in the band have been very kind to me, and they are patient and supportive. I am already looking forward to our first gig in Redcliff, and we will be ready.
I really hate to use puns, but this is going to be one kick-ass band.
Sunday, March 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment