Blogger has just introduced Blogger Images, a new feature for everyone who has a free Blogger account to upload images for their blog entries. This is a fantastic new feature, and I imagine scores of bloggers are going to use (and abuse) it.
Blogger has had image hosting in the past, but to my knowledge, was only available to paying subscribers (i.e. Blogspot-Plus). [Ed. note: Upon a quick search, it appears that the Blogspot-Plus subscription is no longer available]. Thus, it seems the reason why they have allowed the service to all of us.
Since the inception of this website, I have been using ImgSpot as my primary image hosting service. Though it has generally operated well, I have found that my services have been mired by server crashes, lost images, and many errors while trying to upload my images. There was also a lot of coding I had to do, and I ended up having to steal and modify scripts in order to reduce my workload.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment