Thursday, July 28, 2005

Nearing 2k

[Ed. Note:] This blog entry will be premanently anchored at the top of the page, until the contest expires. New entries will be posted below.

Another note of importance: It as been brought to my attention that readers have requested the coutdown ticker be placed on this entry. I tried to paste the SiteMeter ticker code within this entry, but Blogger will not allow me to enter such code. I get a strange error stating that Javascript is not permitted in blog entries.

If you want to know the current visit count, it is visible on the SiteMeter icon at the bottom of the sidebar.

During the first year of this weblog, it took this site nearly 11 months to reach 1000 visits. This site has grown in popularity since, and it has taken a fraction of that time for this site to approach 2000.

Since I feel in a celebratory mood (and as a cheap means to increase traffic), I decided that I would hold the very first contest, here at mcfro.blogspot.com! [insert much fanfare here]

THE OFFICIAL RULES:

The rules are very simple. All you have to be is the 2000th visitor to this site, and you will be the winner of the prize, which is, admittedly, something I haven't decided yet, but likely something I can pilfer, or something I can buy relatively cheap. It will also have to be small, so it doesn't cost me a limb to ship it in the mail.

There will be a skill-testing question involved, just so the Gaming Commission doesn't come and shut me down, and to also prove that you are indeed, the 2000th visitor to the site. You will likely have to cite your domain, your IP address and the approximate time of your visit. I also have disabled the statistics properties of the SiteMeter until the contest has ended (no cheating people!)

If you are indeed the 2000th visitor, please send me an email: mcfro [at] yahoo [dot] com, indicating that you are the winner. You will receive a reply from me within 24 hours. Once the winner has been clearly identified, the prize will be shipped, and the winner will be announced. Also, please advise me if you do not want your real name identified. I respect people's privacy.

And now, LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!

3 comments:

Becky said...

How about a countdown (or countup)?

Becky said...

Ok, I guess that falls under stats, but what was the hitcount when you started this?

MC said...

I believe there were 1960 visits to this site when I began this contest. As I write this, there have been 1990 visits to this site. I fully expect to have a contest winner within the next few days.