Thursday, July 28, 2005

Shirley's On Her Way

This is turning out to be the Summer of killer Rock concerts. First, I get my tickets to see KMFDM live, and I was informed last night that another favorite band of mine, Garbage, will be coming to a city near me in 1 month's time. I must send a special thank-you to Juniper, who has been very attentive to my interests, and notified me before tickets go on sale (which is, incidentally, tomorrow).

I would kick myself over and over again, if I missed this concert.

It is difficult to describe how big a fan I am of Garbage, as I love so many genres of music, and I have such admiration for so many artists, but I never have longed for new music like I have with Garbage. I bought Version 2.0, Beautiful, and Bleed Like Me the day they were released. I have never made such a concentrated effort to support another band. I don't think I have listened to an artist so heavily either. I have listened to the first two albums thousands of times -- and I still have not grown tired of their music.

I could go on, and on, but I recently ranted about Garbage in this recent post.

I also have a gut feeling that Bleed Like Me will be the last Garbage album, and this will be their last tour. I am afraid that if I don't see them this time around, I won't ever have the chance. I will notify you tomorrow, if I manage to score tickets.

No comments: