Friday, July 29, 2005

A Stroke of Luck

I am thinking that this month's blog entries may include a few too many pictures of Shirley Manson, but I have good reason to.

This morning, I scored two tickets to see Garbage next month.

Methinks I'd better take a few extra pairs of boxers to the show -- just so I have something to throw on the stage.

It will be one more thing completed on my list of "Things to do before the Reaper".

Rest assured, I will be blogging about the concert the next day. Hopefully, I will have some pictures taken too.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I hope you don't mind all the comments, but I just love "I would die for you" and "Milk". I'm not generally familiar with other music by Garbage. A friend suggested those two, and I had a great time trying to pull of singing them. I was frustrated at not being able to get the right attitude... Hehe. Someone I know said I'm just not bitchy enough. :P

I think it's something else... a hardness. Ah well. Enjoy the concert!

MC said...

"I would die for you" is commonly known as "#1 Crush" from the Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack. #1 Crush and Milk are fantastic songs by Garbage, but there are many others that strike a chord in me.

I would suggest listening to "The Trick is to Keep Breathing" and "You Look So Fine" both off the Version 2.0 album. Both are incredibly beutiful songs, fraught with raw emotion.

I am looking forward to the concert. I hope to get some pictures of the band so I can show them on this webpage.

Becky said...

Thanks. I found them and particularly like "You Look So Fine".

MC said...

I love the song. It is both beautiful and haunting at the same time.