Yesterday, I wrote about how the media ran amok over Karla Homolka's release from prison, and how she will never truly be a free citizen for decades to come. Bloggers, have jumped on this bandwagon as well, as it appears that many of my peers are very upset over her release, inasmuch as issuing death threats via their blogs.
I clearly understand that people have a right to voice their opinions. Making death threats, is an indictable offense, and a different matter altogether. Hiding behind anonyminity and writing such garbage behind pseudonyms is childish. The police can still track you down and charge you by tracking your IP.
I am of the opinion that if you personally don't have the balls to make such statements publicly, why would you say such things as an anonymous poster?
Then, this morning, I read this story, about how a convicted pedophile kept a Blogger weblog. The last post was published three days before a Coeur D'Alene family was found bludgeoned to death. The blogger, Joseph Edward Duncan, sole publisher of Blogging the Fifth Nail, was promptly arrested, and charged with first-degree murder.
Matthew Good called the site "Disturbing". I surfed to the site and what I read, I would definitely call disturbing. What I found even more disturbing were the 1000+ anonymous comments that have been left on the site since the family's murder.
Sometimes I don't know what's worse: Crazy-Evil, or Right-Wing Lynch-Mob-Evil.
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment