Tuesday, September 20, 2005

C'mon Baby, Light My Fire

I am the world's worst cook. I mean it. I can ruin cereal.

After work, I was cooking some pasta on the stove, and the burner caught fire. It was a small flame, so the first inkling I had was to blow it out. Then it spread, and the flames encircled the entire pot that was contained my precious dinner.

Mass panic ensued. I stepped away from the inferno, and debated running to my car and grabbing the fire extinguisher. Before I got too far from the kitchen, my pasta boiled over, and the hot water extinguished the flames.

The incriminating evidence (the drip pan) is now sitting in the sink, submerged in water in a vain attempt to soak off the charcoal. I am thanking my lucky stars that the fire didn't spread.

Now, excuse me while I have a mild heart attack.

No comments: