Last week, Matthew Good released In A Coma, an anthology documenting the last ten years of his musical career. Due to time constraints, I could not buy the compiliation the day it was released, but I managed to obtain a copy of the Deluxe edition last Thursday.Being a huge Matthew Good fan, whom already owns all his major releases, it wasn't in my interests of buying the CD-only package. I'd be spending thirteen bucks for three songs I didn't already have in my collection, but the deluxe edition had some extras that I was quite excited about.
The deluxe edition comes with a bonus CD, that features Lo-Fi B-Sides and Loser anthems, both were limited edition albums that featured b-side singles and previously unreleased material. Both CD's are out of print, so this was a perfect opportunity to obtain music that would otherwise be next to impossible to get. In addition, the bonus CD also contained "Rooms" which featured Matt Good performing many of his popular songs in an acoustic format. This is a must for any die-hard Matt Good fan, as his songs are so well-written that they have merit on their own, if they are played acoustically.
Completing the Deluxe edition is a bonus DVD, which contains a full Matthew Good Discography, Images, the making of "Rooms" video, and every music video Matt ever released, complete with commentary, which I might add, is quite hilarious.
The bonus CD and DVD was worth the $22 price of admission.
By the way, if you are wondering where the exclusive "While We Were Hunting Rabbits" video is, think Easter Egg. It's there. Get hunting.
I am off to Calgary to see KMFDM in concert tomorrow. It likely will be Wednesday before I can post an update.

No comments:
Post a Comment