I find this story depressing. I know a lot of people find Cindy Sheehan a bit of a nutcase, but I see something else entirely.
I see an American civilian; a taxpayer -- who has a basic human right for freedom of speech, and expression, being silenced in the name of Government interests.
It is my understanding that she has been on a peaceful crusade, asking questions the media, the democrats, and the public who are too chicken to ask.
But they are the same questions the rest of the world have been asking since 2001. And the rest of us haven't received an answer from George W. Bush either.
Cindy Sheehan was arrested after she refused to leave the White House after police ordered her to leave.
So, who told the police that she had no business at the White House? I have no business at the White House, mainly because I am not a US citizen, but the Bin Laden Family have spent more time inside the walls of that mansion. Don't you find it strange that a wealthy Saudi family has more business inside the White House than an American citizen whose son was killed in a war that should never have happened in the first place? This point is further reinforced when you consider that the majority of Suicide Bombers who orchestrated the 9/11 attack were of Saudi decent?
I can't believe that the Bush Administration hasn't figured out that Cindy Sheehan is a dangerous woman. She is the epitome of an American Mahatma Gandhi.
Passive Resistance.
The more attention the media gives her, the more the Bush administration will resemble a totalitarian regime. How much longer will it be until the American electorate will see their foreign policy for what it really is?
If more anti-war protestors continue to be arrested, the more the United States of America will be regarded as a terrorist nation, with a unquenchable thirst for oil.
The United States of America used to be called "The Land of the Free"; after the Patriot Act, can you really call it that?
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment