I haven't spoken much about what's been happening musically in my life. I do like taking summers easy, as I don't teach my pupils during the summer months, but this year I have been busier than in the past.
This is the time of year when my phone rings like crazy, and parents inquire me on the possibility of teaching their son or daughter drums. Likewise, I have to call all my pupils and see which ones are coming back to take another year of drum lessons from me. My fall schedule is running out of room, and teaching is only one of the commitments that will be eating away at me free time.
MA and RH and I are still rehearsing once per week. We are approaching a repertoire of about forty songs. Another dozen songs or so, and we will be ready to move forward to Phase II -- full-instrumentation rehearsals. I expect those practices will take 1 to 2 months, and we will be ready to gig.
Sorry, but no band name yet. It might still be a number of weeks before a name is chosen.
I have other musical endeavors in the pipeline, but sadly at this time, I cannot comment on them until the word is official.
If I get any busier, I might just have to quit my day job, just so I can get some sleep. Mind you, music doesn't pay the bills. Music has been a full-time job for me before, and the life was not easy. My expenses are much higher than what they were, so I would likely be dooming myself into bankruptcy.
If it was guaranteed that my bills would be covered at the end of the month, I would jump ship in a second.
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment