I am trying to delude myself.
So I said to myself: "Self:" (an old joke from my college days), "I know you have the itch to buy another laptop, but be patient."
"You want a laptop so you can use your new recording equipment in a mobile situation, but you will not be happy using a G3 iBook, as the computers do not hold all the specs that you wish. Your only option is to buy a G4 Powerbook, and those aren't selling cheap... yet".
"Wait patiently until at least next year. Once Apple releases the Intel Powerbooks, the prices of the old-school (i.e. G4) Powerbooks will plummet. Then, and only then, will you get a good price for a laptop that will do what you want it to do, for a reasonable price".
I should bookmark this entry, and re-read it anytime I have the itch to frivolously spend money over the course of the next year.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment