So Saturday was my annual Christmas party for my day job. This is usually the night that we cast all differences aside, enjoy one another's company, eat some good food, drink some fine wine, and exchange gifts as a token of appreciation for one another's' services.It's a small company, so things don't get out of hand.
When dinner was over, I gave my employer a gift, and shortly after opening it, he present me with a mid-size box addressed to me.
The weight was surprisingly heavy. The box must have weighed nearly 20 pounds. Once unwrapped, I discovered I had in my possession a beautiful wood-stained box. It was too heavy to contain bottles of wine.
When I opened the box, I discovered a complete poker set, with regulation-weight poker chips, rules, dice, and two decks of cards. I was most impressed. Earlier that day, while at the Mega-Mart, I had seen a similar poker set, in a metal case selling for 80 bucks. I surmise by the quality of wood, staining, and construction that this set much have cost him much more than that.
In addition, my employer gave me a gift certificate for one of the nicest restaurants in town.
So now that I have my very own Texas Hold 'Em set, I'm going to want to be playing Poker all Christmas season. So if you think you have what it takes to beat me, there will be a number of tourneys held at my place during the coming weeks. There will be no buy-in; just bring cigars and lots of whiskey.

No comments:
Post a Comment