Before the Savoys take a five-month hiatus.
That's right. The Savoys are a seasonal act, and summer is a time for a few of the members to return to their [seasonal] day jobs. The band will return sometime in late September or October, hopefully with a new and exciting selection of Blues, and Funk.
So in the interim, next weekend sports the beginning of the final shows for the 2005-2006 season. Starting next week, the Savoys will be at the Royal Hotel for a three-night extravaganza. The week after will feature the Savoys at three pubs in three nights, The Silver Buckle, TJ's Pub, and Dublin 's Pub. The final weekend features the Savoys at the Cecil Hotel for three nights.
Given how infrequently I have been able to post in the past few months, I doubt I will be able to advertise these dates again. If you haven't seen us yet, this may be your last change until the days get much shorter again.
Summer is around the corner, and I am already looking forward to new projects to fill the six months while the Savoys are on hiatus. I have already committed to the reprise of the "Best of Broadway" show I participated in last October. That will take place three nights in May. I will post more details when they become available.
I am also looking for other gigs that might fill the gap in the interim. Gigging and making money is always a good thing. However, I might as well take it easy for a few months. I have been overtaxed and overworked as long as I can remember. Actually, I think I'm getting used to it.
Monday, March 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment