Tuesday, June 13, 2006

All I Need Is A Name

Last week my recording capabilities increased by a factor of 4. With sheer luck, I happened across an eBay auction which offered this firewire-capable mixer for the same price I paid for my Mackie Spike. It didn't take much reasoning to convince myself that this has been the recording interface I had been waiting for.

The MultiMix 8 Firewire will simultaneously record up to 8 tracks of 48k audio -- in layman's terms, that's CD-quality audio.

I was happy with my Mackie Spike, though it had its limits. I felt that the Spike would not allow me to effectively track a drum set, and recording up to 2 tracks at a time is tedious, especially if you are recording a full-size band.

Speaking of which, I nearly have the infrastructure necessary that I could consider my studio "open for business". All I need is a name... And a webpage, but first things first.

So I have been racking my brain, trying to conjure up an original, catchy name. Unfortunately, the only things that are registering are foul, like Buttfloss Studio, and I don't even know what that is.

On a more realistic note, I considered the name Townie Studio. But here is the other catch: My studio is 100% mobile, and I would like the name to reflect the mobile nature of my studio. Running With Gear is a name that just won't cut it.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

No comments: