Sunday, January 23, 2005

It's The Eye of The _____

In my spare time today, I took a few moments to watch the Macworld 2005 keynote speech of a few weeks past. I am not going to go into the major details of what was all discussed, but if you like, you can view the keynote speech here.

After watching the two-hour presentation, I was blown away by the features of Apple's newest applications, including Apple's next-generation operating system, OSX Tiger. The new technologies integrated into this release of OSX will make file management incredibly fast and simple. The improvements and integration of all of Apple's software is so fast, slick, and seamless, it is downright scary.

It's all about synergy. People want their computer programs to interact seamlessly with one another. They all want a familiar interface, they want it simple, and they want to manually manipulate objects, instead of using commands, dialog boxes, and drop-down menus. Apple has done it again by releasing state-of-the-art software. But don't take my word for it; see for yourself.

It may seem like I have been plugging Apple a lot recently, but I would like to add that many software developers are pushing the envelope, developing new technologies to make our life easier, even Micro$oft.

No comments: