Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Ride the [Music] Elevator

Earlier this week, I have updated "MC Fro's Top 5 Tunes". Very little had changed in the rankings, though some moved up the chart, others moved down, and there was only 1 new entry on the charts. After careful thought, I considered that over time, the top 5 tunes would not be very representative of the songs I have been listening to recently.

The main reason for this, is the playlist I was using was a "top 5 most played". This playist ranks songs by a cumulative play count since I purchased my computer. If I listened to a song a dozen times six months ago, it is still going to rank very high on my playlist, even though I have grown tired of the song. So I created a new playlist that not only ranks songs by play count, but the song must also have been played in the last 30 days.

When I constructed this playlist, I found that I got some different results. Look to next week to see a new Top 5.

No comments: