Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Heartbreak

I have just spent a number of hours writing a long, passionate post, when my computer decided to stop functioning. Even though I had saved a portion of the post, I am positive I have lost a few thousand words. I have tried rummaging through cache files and crash logs, but the content has disappeared.

I wonder if this was a sign that it wasn't to be published in the first place.

Have I the energy tomorrow, I may attempt to re-write the remainder of the post, however, I doubt that it will be as powerful as the original.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ugh. I hate when that happens. Blogger makes it a bit less convenient to save, and I've lost some posts that way. I'm starting to think maybe I should only ever email posts.

Anyway, would your clustering method work to help you remember more of it?

MC said...

I have considered emailing posts in the past, though it would take some experimenting to get all the formatting I use for it to work. I would have to learn the proper way to input html tags, so I could insert blockquotes, hyperlinks and images.

I am currenly using bloggers' free image hosting service, so I wonder how that would work if you imbedded an image into your mail program, and if it managed to upload properly.

If Blogger addressed *all* these issues, I would consider emailing all my posts.